Subject: Re: How do you get a SINGLE character read?
From: [email-masked] (Doug Walker)
Date: 1 Oct 92 13:30:12 GMT
Newsgroups: comp.sys.amiga.programmer

In article <[email-masked]>, [email-masked] (Juergen Weinelt) writes:
|> In article <[email-masked]> [email-masked] (Robert Gatlin) writes:
|> >I am writting a program in C (Lattice) and need to read a single
|> >character from the keyboard without having to wait for the user
|> >to hit <CR>. I have tried to use the ansii getc() function, but
|> >obviously waits for a <CR>. The I*M version of Turbo C has a
|> >non-ansii standard function getch() which does what I want. Is
|> >a similar function or workaround available for Amiga C?

Check out RawIO on Fred Fish disk #85 (Yes, 85).  It contains
source to a function to change the console window to raw mode
based on a Lattice C filehandle.  This still works with Lattice
and SAS/C version 5.x.  Under 6.0, functions are provided in the
library to do this.

-- 
  *****
=*|_o_o|\\=====Doug Walker, Software Distiller====== BBS: (919)460-7430 =
 *|. o.| ||                                          1200/2400/9600 Dual
  | o  |//     For all you do, this bug's for you!
  ====== 
usenet: [email-masked]                            bix: djwalker 
Any opinions expressed are mine, not those of SAS Institute, Inc.